Neighbourhood Planning - Birkenhead North - Designation of Neighbourhood Planning Forum and Planning Area
Decision Maker: Leader of the Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The report of the Assistant Director: Environmental Services sought approval for the designation of a new neighbourhood forum and neighbourhood planning area for Birkenhead North following publication of application documents, to comply with the relevant statutory requirements. These were published for public comment for six weeks between February and 22 March 2017. No comments were submitted during this period to indicate that the designation of the proposed Forum and its associated area boundary should be opposed.
The designation of a new neighbourhood forum and neighbourhood planning area could potentially support a wide range of Wirral Plan pledges, depending on the content of the proposals prepared by the local community.
(1) That the Birkenhead North Neighbourhood Alliance is formally designated as the statutory neighbourhood planning forum for the Neighbourhood Area of Birkenhead North shown in Appendix 1 to the report, subject to the proposed constitution attached at Appendix 2 to the report; and
(2) That the designations and the associated documents are published and advertised in accordance with Regulation 7 and Regulation 10 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended).
Publication date: 09/05/2017
Date of decision: 09/05/2017
- Designation of a Neighbourhood Planning Forum and Neighbourhood Planning Area for Birkenhead North Report PDF 114 KB
- Executive Member Decision Form - Birkenhead North Neighbourhood Planning PDF 94 KB
- Appendix 1 Birkenhead North Proposed Neighbourhood Area PDF 1 MB
- Appendix 2 Birkenhead North Neighbourhood Forum Application PDF 8 MB
- Appendix 3 Birkenhead North Neighbourhood Area Application PDF 3 MB