Issue - meetings
Sustainable Community Strategy
Meeting: 23/04/2009 - Cabinet (Item 477)
- Appendix 1_Revised_SCS_April_09, item 477 PDF 418 KB
- Appendix 2_Wirral's LAA Refresh submission 26th March 2009 (2), item 477 PDF 118 KB
The Deputy Chief Executive/Director of Corporate Services reported upon the progress to date in developing a Sustainable Community Strategy for Wirral and presented a final draft of the Strategy for consideration, in accordance with the requirements of the Local Government Act 2007. It had been produced following a consultation process and he provided a summary of consultation responses. The final draft of the Strategy was now being circulated to members of Wirral’s Strategic Partnership for adoption through the governance arrangements of partner organisations, as appropriate. He commented that the Council was required to formally adopt the Strategy in accordance with the Local Authorities (Functions and Responsibilities) Regulations 2000/2853. He therefore proposed that the final draft of Wirral’s Sustainable Community Strategy be referred to the next full Council meeting for formal adoption.
(1) That the Sustainable Community Strategy be approved and referred to the Council in accordance with the Local Authorities (Functions and Responsibilities) Regulations 2000/2853.
(2) That, given the partnership nature of the document, delegated authority be given to the Chief Executive, in consultation with the Leader of the Council and the Chair of Wirral’s Strategic Partnership to make any minor changes to the Strategy, identified by members of the partnership prior to its publication and launch.
Meeting: 09/04/2009 - Cabinet (Item 448)
Further to the decision of the Council (3/11/08) to approve a Notice of Motion in support of the Sustainable Communities Act, the Director of Corporate Services presented a report outlining the scope and provisions of the Sustainable Communities Act 2007, and steps being taken by the Council and its partners to progress the aims of the Act, particularly the provision for making proposals to central government to promote local sustainability.
Resolved – That:
(1) The Council calls for and considers proposals within the scope of the Sustainable Communities Act as set out in paragraph 5.1 of the report;
(2) The Council responds as appropriate to the current consultation in relation to Local Spending Reports, the response to be agreed under delegated authority by the portfolio holder for Corporate Services.