Issue - meetings
Armed Forces Community Covenant
Meeting: 12/04/2012 - Cabinet (Item 394)
A report by the Chief Executive outlined how Wirral Council recognised the enormous contribution which the Armed Forces had made and continue to make to the safety and security of the Nation. The purpose of the report was to further demonstrate that recognition by seeking the Cabinet’s approval to ‘sign up’ to a Wirral Armed Forces Community Covenant.
The report also sought the Cabinet’s approval for the nominations of Armed Forces Champions at both Member and Officer levels.
(1) the contents of the report be noted;
(2) the intention to sign up to the Draft Armed Forces Community Covenant on Armed Forces Day, 30 June 2012 be endorsed
(3) subject to the Council’s approval, each Mayor elected be also nominated as Elected Members’ Armed Forces Champion;
(4) the recommendation that the Health, Safety and Resilience Manager continue as the Armed Forces Champion be endorsed and he be thanked for his hard work;
(5) the Armed Forces Champion be requested to establish a Wirral Armed Forces and Veterans Forum; and
(6) agreement be given to progress being reported, via an annual report by the Chief Executive and the Brigade Commander.