Issue - meetings
Report of the Health and Care Peformance Panel
- Enc. 1 for Report of the Health and Care Peformance Panel, item 41 PDF 59 KB
- Webcast for Report of the Health and Care Peformance Panel
Councillor McManus introduced her report as of Chair of the Health and Care Performance Panel that provided an overview of the first Health and Care Performance Panel meeting of the municipal year, which was held on 8th October 2018. The report provided feedback to Members of the Adult Care and Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee around key discussions and areas of interest resulting from the meeting, namely:
- Financial Monitoring Q1 2018/19
- CQC Improvement Plan – Wirral University Teaching Hospital (WUTH)
- CQC Improvement Plan – Wirral Community Trust
The report also included a summary of actions:
· Members had requested further detail relating to the Wirral Health and Care Commissioning pooled budget. Specifically, a breakdown of contributions from Wirral Council and Wirral CCG so that they may be sure that there was no duplication of funding. Members also requested sight of the Better Care Fund monitoring report, so that they may be more aware of where the money goes and how it was spent. It was agreed that this would be brought to a future meeting of the Health and Care Performance Panel.
· Members requested further information relating to the ownership of Pensby Wood.
· The WUTH and WCT CQC improvement plans will be added to the work programme of the Health and Care Performance Panel so that Members can monitor the progress of both Trusts throughout the municipal year.
Resolved – That the report be noted.