Issue - meetings
- Whistleblowing Policy, item 20 PDF 188 KB
- EIA - ARMC Whistleblowing Report, item 20 PDF 140 KB
- Webcast for Whistleblowing Policy
Paul Martin, Principal Lawyer, presented this report of the Director of Law and Governance which detailed the Council’s Whistleblowing Policy which had been approved by the Constitution and Standards Committee on 24 February 2021. This Committee was to undertake the implementation of the policy. The purposes were set out in law for people to report Illegal activities or failure to comply with procedures. There were several ways to report: on a form; in person; or to a relevant external body if one oversaw the functions.
Members confirmed that people could remain anonymous when they made contact.
Resolved – That
(1) the contents of the Whistleblowing policy be noted;
(2) comments they have in respect of the Policy be provided to the Constitution and Standards Committee; and
(3) the steps being taken to implement and raise awareness in respect of the Policy be endorsed.