Issue - meetings
ADULT SOCIAL CARE AND PUBLIC HEALTH 2022/23 Q1 BUDGET MONITORING
The Director of Care and Health introduced the report which set out the financial monitoring information for the Adult Social Care and Public Health Committee as at Quarter 1 (1 Apr – 30 Jun) 2022/23 and provided Members with an overview of budget performance for this area of activity, including progress on the delivery of the 2022/23 saving programme and a summary of reserves to enable the Committee to take ownership of the budgets and provide robust challenge and scrutiny to Officers on the performance of those budgets.
The pressures around hospital discharge and placement were reported as significant and the Q1 report didn’t show one of the key problems within the financial year which had been the withdrawal of the hospital discharge fund nationally which had been a key factor in enabling people to get out of hospital and be supported locally.
Resolved – That
(1) the projected adverse revenue position at Quarter 1 be noted.
(2) the progress on delivery of the 2022/23 savings programme at Quarter 1 be noted.
(3) the reserves allocated to the Committee for future one-off commitments be noted.
(4) the forecast level of reserves at Quarter 1 be noted.
(5) the current activity profiles from 2018 to Quarter 1 of 2022/23 be noted.
(6) the forecast capital position presented at Quarter 1 be noted.