Agenda and draft minutes
Venue: Committee Room 1 - Wallasey Town Hall
Contact: Shirley Hudspeth Committee and Civic Services Manager
Webcast: View the webcast
Members' Code of Conduct - Declarations of Interest
Members of the Cabinet are asked to consider whether they have any disclosable pecuniary and/or any other relevant interest, in connection with any item(s) on this agenda and, if so, to declare them and state the nature of the interest.
Councillor Stuart Whittingham declared a personal and prejudicial interest in Item No. 2 on the agenda – Core Strategy Local Plan – Review of Development Options by virtue of him being a Board member of Magenta Living. (Minute No. 17 refers.) He indicated that he would leave the meeting room whilst this item of business was under consideration.
Councillor George Davies introduced a report which set out the results of the review of development options approved by the Cabinet before deciding on the sites that would be included for development in the Council’s Local Plan. Appended to the report were:
· Appendix 1 – Sites Recommended for Consultation for New Housing Development.
· Appendix 2 – Maps of Housing Sites.
· Appendix 3 – Sites Recommended for Consultation for New Employment and Mixed Uses.
· Appendix 4 – Maps of Employment Sites
The Cabinet noted that the review had taken account of:
· the Council’s latest review of local housing needs (Strategic Housing Market Assessment, SHMA, May 2016), which was reported to the Cabinet in July 2016 and made the subject to public consultation in August 2016).
· the latest review of housing and employment needs for the City Region prepared by the Combined Authority (SHELMA, March 2018), which was the subject to public consultation in October 2017.
· The Government’s proposed new method for calculating local housing needs (published for consultation in September 2017).
· a review of the available urban housing land supply at April 2018 (SHLAA, for which a methodology was the subject to public consultation in July 2017).
· the publication of the Council’s first Brownfield Land Register in December 2017, following the public consultation and the neighbour notification in October 2017.
· a Playing Pitch Strategy Update (published in November 2017 and approved by ... view the full minutes text for item 17.