25/06/2020 - Wirral Summer Coastal Plan 2020 (COVID19) ref: 4698 Recommendations Approved
To manage behaviours, control local
environmental quality and anti-social behaviour, and provide
insofar as is possible a “safe environment” for those
who do choose to visit the Coastal locations - New Brighton and
West Kirkby - and Parks and Countryside areas as the Covid-19
restrictions are eased.
Decision Maker: Director of Neighbourhood Services
Decision published: 02/07/2020
Effective from: 25/06/2020
a) the information contained in this report regarding the implementation of a Coastal and Parks / Countryside plan for Wirral designed to manage the anticipated rise in visitor numbers to Wirral Coastal, Parks and Countryside areas as a result of restrictions imposed by the COVID19 pandemic be noted
b) the implementation of the plan for a 12-week period be supported and ratified
c) the financial implications to the effect of circa £477k against COVID19 budgets should the plan run for the proposed duration be noted
Lead officer: Nicola Butterworth
26/06/2020 - LIVERPOOL CITY REGION COMBINED AUTHORITY TRANSPORT PLAN PROGRAMME 2020-21 ref: 4697 Recommendations Approved
To ensure that the transport capital programme (Integrated Transport Block) reflects the Combined Authority Transport Plan and Mayoral priorities and Wirral 2025 Plan and has the flexibility to ensure delivery of the most effective schemes within the financial year.
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Environment and Climate Change
Decision published: 26/06/2020
Effective from: 04/07/2020
1) the acceptance of £1,150,000 of Integrated Transport Block funding allocated to Wirral Council by Liverpool City Region Combined Authority to support the delivery of the Combined Authority Transport Plan Programme be approved;
2) the proposed programme for this funding as set out in Appendix 1 be approved; and
3) authority be delegated to the Director for Delivery, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Environment and Climate Change, to make necessary adjustments to the priorities within the programme should the need arise due to financial or other factors.
Lead officer: Carl Amos
18/06/2020 - Birkenhead Market Halls Rental Support ref: 4696 Recommendations Approved
The attached report sets out the rationale for a phased rent re-introduction to Market Traders operating from Birkenhead Market.
This decision effects the Traders and operation of Birkenhead Market within the ward of Birkenhead and Tranmere.
The recommendation supports the Wirral Council Plan 2025 to support Business.
This is not a key decision.
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Regeneration and Growth
Decision published: 18/06/2020
Effective from: 18/06/2020
Resolved – That
1. Essential and non-essential traders be granted a 50% discount on their rent charges for the period 20th June 2020 until 20th September 2020.
2. Traders who are unable to trade due to HM Government instruction continue not to be charged rent until they are able to trade. At the point they are advised they can trade by HM Government such traders be granted a 50% discount on their rent charges until 20th September 2020.
Lead officer: Tim Games