11/06/2019 - Climate Change Annual Report and Action Plan 2018 ref: 4530 Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
The Cabinet Member is requested to endorse the ‘Cool Steps’ annual progress report 2018 (Appendix 1 to the attached report) and the Climate Change Strategy – Priority Action Plan (Appendix 2 to the submitted report) to meet the Council’s Climate Local commitment.
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Environment and Climate Change
Decision published: 11/06/2019
Effective from: 19/06/2019
(1) The work of the Cool Wirral Partnership and the progress outlined in the submitted report to implement the climate change strategy, be noted;
(2) The observations arising from the Environment Overview and Scrutiny Committee’s consideration of the annual report on climate change, be noted; and
(3) The ‘Cool Steps’ annual progress report (Appendix 1) and the Climate Change Strategy – Priority Action Plan (Appendix 2) to meet the Council’s Climate Local commitment, be endorsed.
Lead officer: Bryan Lipscombe
31/05/2019 - Leisure and Cultural Services - Future Provision of Golf Courses ref: 4529 Item Called In
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Community Services
Decision published: 31/05/2019
Effective from: 08/06/2019
1) The recommended preferred provider be approved, and the Corporate Director of Delivery Services be authorised to commence negotiations on a lease transfer of Arrowe Park golf course and The Warren golf course (including The Grange); on the basis that if negotiations do not progress satisfactorily with the preferred provider that the Corporate Director of Deliver Services may instead commence negotiations with the second preferred provider;
2) Statutory consultation, in accordance with Section 123 (2A) of the Local Government Act 1972, in relation to the golf courses be commenced once negotiations are concluded; and
3) The results of the negotiation and the statutory consultation be reported to Cabinet for a final decision.
Lead officer: Matthew Humble