Performance and Financial Review - First Quarter 2011/12 - Report and Presentation
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A report by the Chief Executive set out performance of the Council’s Corporate Plan 2011-14 for April to June 2011, and provided the Cabinet with an overview of performance, resources and risk monitoring along with requested amendments to the Corporate Plan projects and indicators for approval. He apologised for the lateness of his report caused by a problem in obtaining the first quarter’s figures. He was confident that the next three quarter’s figures would be provided without any such problems occurring again.
The Chief Executive then made a presentation on Corporate Performance against the Corporate Plan 1 April to 30 June 2011. This included details on:
- Corporate Plan Indicators
- Revenue Budget and resource implications
- Performance against both Corporate Plan and Change Projects
- Future challenges and risks
- Sickness Absence
- Customer Feedback and complaints
Following the presentation Members asked questions which were answered as appropriate. In relation to a question from Councillor P Davies about benchmarking the Chief Executive agreed to circulate a set of indicators as information became available and to amend his presentation in the light of them ready for when he made a presentation on the next quarter’s figures.
The Chief Executive also requested Members’ feedback on the content, understandability and style of his presentation and Councillor S Foulkes asked members of the public who were in attendance at the meeting to also provide any comments on this.
(1) the content of the report be noted;
(2) the amendments outlined in section 4.8 of the report be agreed; and
(3) the Chief Executive be thanked for his informative presentation and the public’s comments on the style and content of it be fed back.
Report author: Chief Executive
Publication date: 26/07/2011
Date of decision: 21/07/2011
Decided at meeting: 21/07/2011 - Cabinet
Effective from: 03/08/2011