Community Asset Transfer - Various Properties
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A report of the Director of Law, HR and Asset Management sought approval for a transfer of four community facilities, in accordance with the Council’s Community Asset Transfer Policy and sought instructions in respect of the request made for Pensby Community Centre for further assistance. The transfers were in support of the Council’s goal to reduce the running costs of the Council by improving the efficiency and value for money of Council services whilst reducing bureaucracy.
The Director reported that there would be a saving in the Council’s budget as a consequence of these transfers and it was noted that these transfers were not a Statutory duty.
(1) transfers of Kylemore Community Centre, New Ferry Village Hall, Westbourne Hall and Woodchurch Community Centre be approved on the terms now reported, subject to confirmation of the availability of funds for revenue and capital support;
(2) the building works and the transitional costs for the first two years of the business plans as described in the report for these facilities be funded from the Community Fund;
(3) the Director of Law, HR and Asset Management be authorised to complete the necessary legal documentation on the terms set out in the report; and
(4) the Director of Law, HR and Asset Management be requested to conclude discussions with Pioneer People in respect of Pensby Community Centre and report to a future meeting of Cabinet on the outcome of those discussions.
Publication date: 06/09/2011
Date of decision: 01/09/2011
Decided at meeting: 01/09/2011 - Cabinet
Effective from: 14/09/2011
- Community Asset Transfer - Various Report PDF 100 KB
- Community Asset Transfer - Various - Appendix A PDF 67 KB
- Community Asset Transfer - Various - New Ferry Village Hall PDF 48 KB
- Community Asset Transfer - Various - Westbourne PDF 60 KB
- Community Asset Transfer - Various - Kylemore Plan PDF 57 KB
- Community Asset Transfer - Various - Woodchurch Community Centre PDF 37 KB
- Community Asset Transfer - Various - Pensby Community Centre PDF 49 KB