Update Report of Contractual Review of Green Waste Processing Contract
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A report by the Director of Technical Services provided an update on progress, as requested, since the issues raised in the report of the 23 June 2011 Cabinet: Contractual Review of Green Waste Processing Contract with Armstrongs (Minute 54 refers) had been concluded.
The report contained commercially sensitive information on existing and potential contractual prices to provide a garden waste composting service. The report also detailed potential sites being considered for treating garden waste. For these reasons the report was classed as exempt in accordance with paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.
(1) the efforts made by officers to assist the Council’s kerbside collected garden waste processing contractor to secure a suitable garden waste composting site within the Borough, as directed the Cabinet at its meeting on23 June 2011, be noted;
(2) the potential options highlighted so far based on the project group undertakings and the perceived three risks, highlighted in Section 9.0 of the report, be noted;
(3) the progression of Option 1, through a conclusion of negotiations with the Council’s kerbside collected garden waste processing contractor, committing the Council to a gate fee price of £19.08 (subject to RPI increases each April) until March 2014, be approved;
(4) subject to the successful implementation of Option 1, costs for 2011/12 being met from existing resources. Thereafter the costs of £44,500 pa for 2012/13 and 2013/14 be met from growth; and
(5) officers provide a further report for the Cabinet detailing the future procurement options for Garden Waste Treatment (as highlighted in Option 1), once the outcome of the Environmental Streetscene Services Contract Review is known.
Publication date: 20/01/2012
Date of decision: 12/01/2012
Decided at meeting: 12/01/2012 - Cabinet
Effective from: 28/01/2012