Wirral/LGA Improvement Board - Revised Terms of Reference
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet considered the revised Terms of Reference of the Local Government Association (LGA) Wirral Improvement Board which was a partnership between the Council and the LGA and would provide oversight, support and challenge to the Council’s improvement and transformation journey.
The Improvement Board’s role is to:
· Provide support and guidance
· Identify and signpost appropriate good practice
· Provide challenge and act as a critical friend
· Ensure the contributions from different external agencies/bodies to Wirral’s improvement journey are coordinated
· Ensure there is a single, integrated and holistic improvement plan that can be clearly understood and communicated internally and externally
· Endorse decisions which impact on political and managerial leadership arrangements, corporate governance and improvement in advance of them going through Wirral’s own decision-making structures, e.g. Cabinet or Council.
It was expected that the Improvement Board would be in place for at least eighteen months and that every third meeting of the Board would be held in public to report on progress and take questions.
Councillors I Lewis and D Mitchell asked that it be recorded that they were not happy that only every third meeting was being held in public and believed that all meetings of the Improvement Board should be held in public.
That the Terms of Reference of the Wirral/LGA Improvement Board be accepted.
Publication date: 19/04/2012
Date of decision: 12/04/2012
Decided at meeting: 12/04/2012 - Cabinet
Effective from: 27/04/2012