Corporate Governance Key Line Of Enquiry (KLOE) 6 Improvement Report
Decision Maker: Cabinet,
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A report by the Director of Law, HR and Asset Management provided details of the work undertaken by KLOE 6 and its conclusions and proposals for improvement as part of the governance work programme.
A number of the proposals and initiatives outlined/proposed were linked and must be considered as a whole. The objectives were KLOE 6 impact upon a number of working arrangements/methods. Accordingly, there was no one specific initiative or proposal that achieved a KLOE 6 objective.
The Proposals and initiatives detailed within the report were developed by a cross-party working group supported by Officers from Legal and Member Services. The Members of the KLOE 6 Working Group were (at the material time):
Councillor Ann McLachlan (Chairperson) Councillor Brian Kenny
Councillor George Davies Councillor Tom Harney
Councillor Dave Mitchell Councillor Ian Lewis
Councillor Steve Williams
The report had been considered by the Improvement Board held on 30 March 2012.
(1) the proposals and action plan detailed within this report and appendices be approved;
(2) the Director of Law, HR and Asset Management , in consultation with the three Group Leaders (or their nominees) and/or relevant Officers (as necessary), be requested to undertake all necessary steps to ensure the prompt and effective delivery and implementation of the proposals and actions (subject to any minor amendments as considered necessary) referred to in the report and the appendices; and
(3) the Cabinet encourage delivery of the recommendations set out in the report.
Publication date: 09/07/2012
Date of decision: 21/06/2012
Decided at meeting: 21/06/2012 - Cabinet
Effective from: 07/07/2012
- Corporate Governance KLOE 6 Improvement Report PDF 120 KB
- Appendix 1 - KLOE 6 Proposals and Initiatives Summary PDF 58 KB
- Appendix 2 - Committee Report Template PDF 313 KB
- Appendix 3 - Summary Report PDF 63 KB
- Appendix 4 - Briefing Note PDF 67 KB
- Appendix 5 - Protocol for the Generation and Distribution of Agendas PDF 50 KB
- Appendix 6 - Protocol for Setting Committee Agendas PDF 38 KB
- Appendix 7 - Scheme of Delegation to Cabinet Members PDF 52 KB
- Appendix 8 - Monitoring Arrangements of Committee Actions PDF 39 KB
- Appendix 9 - Benchmarking Data - Committee Meetings PDF 49 KB
- Appendix 10 - Benchmarking Data - Committee Agenda Costs PDF 36 KB
- Appendix 11 - Identified Training Needs PDF 32 KB
- Appendix 12 - Further Improvements Plan PDF 45 KB