Wirral Business Support Programme
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A report by the Director of Regeneration, Housing and Planning informed the Cabinet that European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) resources had been secured to deliver business support services to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) across the Liverpool City Region. The Cabinet’s approval was sought for:
- delegated authority to agree the contract to enable the Council to be the Accountable Body for the ERDF resources to deliver business support services for the Borough; and
- confirmation that the £500,000 of funding allocated as part of this Investment Support Services Framework can be used as match funding for this activity.
(1) the Cabinet agrees that delegate authority be given to the Acting Director of Law, HR and Asset Management and the Director of Regeneration, Housing and Planning, in consultation with the Leader of the Council and the Portfolio Holder for Regeneration and Planning Strategy, to finalise and sign off the ERDF grant agreement with Liverpool City Council;
(2) the Cabinet confirms that £430,000 of funding allocated as part of the Investment Support Services Framework can be used as ERDF match funding for the Business Support Programme; and
(3) the Cabinet confirms that £70,000 can be used to ensure businesses outside of the designated deprived areas are supported via this programme alongside other non-eligible ERDF activity.
Report author: Ian Brand
Publication date: 15/11/2012
Date of decision: 08/11/2012
Decided at meeting: 08/11/2012 - Cabinet
Effective from: 23/11/2012