PROGRESS TOWARDS THE TRANSFORMATION OF ADULT SOCIAL SERVICES- OUTSOURCING CARE SERVICES, FEE LEVELS FOR RESIDENTIAL AND NURSING HOMES AND A NEW CONTRACT FOR SUPPORTED LIVING SERVICES
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Outcome of consultation and further
Members were informed that delivering the Transformation of Adult Social Services was critical to the Council’s strategic objective: ‘To improve health and wellbeing for all, ensuring people who require support are full participants in mainstream society’. In particular the programme gave focus to the improvement priority of ‘promoting greater independence and choice’. That approach was central to the personalisation of Adult Social Care Services. The Director of Adult Social Services outlined progress, in particular with regard to Cabinet’s decision of 6th November to explore the outsourcing of care services.
The Cabinet Member for Social Care and Inclusion welcomed the report.
Resolved - That
(1) the progress made with the transformation of Adult Social Services be noted
(2) a further report in May 2009 be received outlining details of the outsourcing project, with details of proposals and time scales for implementation;
(3) amendments be made to the contract for residential and Nursing home fees and a new contract introduced from 1st April or as soon to that date as possible, the new fee rate to be closer to the regional average and affordable within a sustainable budget for DASS;
(4) the fair price produced by use of a cost of care model for supported living services be implemented from 1st April 2009 through the introduction of a new contract; and
(5) a further report be brought to the Cabinet in January 2009 on the progress of the negotiations with the providers of residential and nursing home care and of supported living services so that a decision can be made whether or not the new contracts can be introduced by agreement or by the termination by the Council of existing contracts.
Report author: Director of Adult Social Services
Publication date: 18/12/2008
Date of decision: 10/12/2008
Decided at meeting: 10/12/2008 - Cabinet
Effective from: 30/12/2008