UPDATE ON THE LOCAL PAY REVIEW AND THE MANAGEMENT OF WORKFORCE CHANGE
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To implement a new pay structure which
provides for equality of pay, simplifies current arrangements and
supports the needs of the organisation
The Director of Law, HR & Asset Management provided members with an update as to the current situation in regards to Job Evaluation, Harmonisation and Equal Pay and set out proposals for the implementation of a new equality proof pay structure and set of harmonised terms and conditions of employment from 1 August 2008. The proposals detailed within his report in this regard were agreed by Cabinet on 22 May 2008.
Cabinet was also updated as to progress in supporting organisational/workforce change around the Council and, in order to ensure that planned changes could continue to be effectively supported in 2009/10 and beyond, funding for a further HR post and an additional Solicitor in Legal and Member Services was being sought.
The Leader of the Council referred to the Head of Human Resources who would be leaving the Council shortly to take up a new position with the new authority for Cheshire East. Councillor Foulkes thanked him for all his hard work on this matter and for the Council generally and congratulated him on his new post.
Resolved - That
(1) the work undertaken so far be noted;
(2) a further report be presented to Cabinet following implementation Stages 2, 3 and 4;
(3) the use of the Local Pay Reserve as set out in Section 4
be agreed; and
(4) £94,900 be provided from the Efficiency Investment Budget for the posts identified and that their establishment be subject to the agreement of the Employment and Appointments Committee.
Publication date: 20/01/2009
Date of decision: 15/01/2009
Decided at meeting: 15/01/2009 - Cabinet
Effective from: 29/01/2009
- Restricted enclosure View reasons restricted