Climate Change Annual Progress Report and Action Plan
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Councillor Bernie Mooney introduced a report by the Assistant Chief Executive that set out a summary of the progress made in the implementation of the new climate change strategy for Wirral. It documented the activities of the Wirral Climate Group, introduced the first annual progress report and detailed the current action plan in support of the strategy.
Attached to the report was:
· Appendix 1 – The Annual Progress Report and Action Plan 2015; and
· Appendix 2 – The Wirral Climate Strategy Rolling Action Plan – August 2015.
The Cabinet noted that, as part of the Council’s five year plan, the proposals in the report supported the following pledges covered in the plan:
· Providing an attractive local environment for Wirral residents.
· Wirral residents live healthier lives
· Thriving small businesses
· Assets and buildings are fit for purposes for Wirral’s businesses
Councillor Phil Davies informed the Cabinet that the Annual Progress Report was a very important document and that the Council would only under estimated the effects of climate change at its peril!
Councillor Stuart Whittingham informed that the Council was replacing 7557 existing lanterns with retrofit LED units. The installations would start in July.
That the annual progress report and climate strategy action plan be noted and endorsed and used as the basis for public reporting to meet commitments under Climate Local.
Report author: David Armstrong
Publication date: 13/10/2015
Date of decision: 08/10/2015
Decided at meeting: 08/10/2015 - Cabinet
Effective from: 21/10/2015