Local Area Agreement Performance Reward Grant
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A report by the Director of Finance provided Cabinet with the latest position on the expected performance reward grant (PRG) for Wirral’s 2005-2008 Local Area Agreement (LAA) stretch targets. The report also outlined the position regarding use of the performance reward grant expected to be received, based upon most recent forecast performance information.
(1) £7.905m was expected to be achieved in performance reward grant which equates to 80% of the £9.824m available.
(2) The stretch targets had been reviewed in terms of the contribution partners had made to their delivery, and it had been proposed that following the deduction of support costs and a contribution to the community and voluntary sector (the “Network”), the remaining amount of reward received was apportioned according to the contribution made to achievement. Based upon these calculations, the Council would expect to receive a total of £5.862m in revenue and capital over two years.
RESOLVED: That the Cabinet
(1) notes the expected performance reward grant and approve the indicative allocations outlined in section 5.2 which have previously been agreed by the LSP Executive Board on 11 November 2009; and
(2) notes the final position of the PPG expenditure and approve the following requests as agreed by the LSP Executive Board on 11th November 2009:
· allocate the remaining £2,074 pump priming grant to NHS Wirral as a contribution for delivery of the BME smoking cessation target; and
· allocate the remaining £108,546 council contribution to the LAA is used to continue to fund temporary posts within the council’s Corporate Policy Team.
Publication date: 18/12/2009
Date of decision: 09/12/2009
Decided at meeting: 09/12/2009 - Cabinet
Effective from: 30/12/2009