WEST KIRBY CHILDREN'S CENTRE - PROPOSED IMPROVEMENTS TO EXISTING CHILDREN CENTRE - SCHEME AND ESTIMATE REPORT
Decision Maker: Cabinet,
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Director of Children’s Services outlined proposals to extend the existing West Kirby Children’s Centre and build a new multi-function room as a single storey gable end extension, adjacent to the existing multi-function room. The scheme would remodel the existing multi-function room to provide a smaller multi-function room, new health room & office accommodation to meet the needs of Extended Services at the Children’s Centre. The report set out the estimated costs of the scheme and Cabinet was asked to consider and approve the proposal.
(1) the Scheme and Estimate, as presented, be accepted;
(2) the Director of Technical Services obtains all necessary statutory approvals for the project;
(3) the Director of Technical Services seeks tenders for the project;
(4) the Director of Children’s Services use his delegated powers to accept the lowest bone-fide tender and report his acceptance of the tender to Cabinet in due course, in accordance with the Council’s Procurement Policy; and
(5) Cabinet be made aware of allocations from DCSF Early Years PVI Quality & Access Capital Grant 2008/11, ahead of Cabinet approval of the main Capital Programme for 2010/11.
Report author: Howard Cooper
Publication date: 09/02/2010
Date of decision: 04/02/2010
Decided at meeting: 04/02/2010 - Cabinet
Effective from: 17/02/2010