Local Development Framework - Evidence Base - Water Cycle Study
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Business and Tourism
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report of the Head of Regeneration and Planning summarises the findings of the Water Cycle Study produced by URS Infrastructure & Environment UK Limited, on behalf of the Council as part of the evidence base for the Core Strategy Local Plan for Wirral.
The Water Cycle Study is a technical background document that assesses the available physical and environmental capacity in water supply and wastewater infrastructure. It also identifies wider impacts relating to flooding and wildlife habitats, together with recommendations to resolve any constraints and an evaluation of the implications for future growth. It will be used to inform the preparation of the Council’s Local Plan, future site-specific land allocations and was also required to comply with the conditions of the designation of the former Mersey Heartlands Growth Point.
The report recommends that the findings of the Water Cycle Study be used to inform the content of the Council’s emerging Local Development Framework and that the Water Cycle Study is approved as a material consideration for use by Planning Committee in the determination of planning applications.
(1) That the findings of the Water Cycle Study be used to inform the content of the Council’s emerging Local Development Framework and is approved as a material consideration for use by Planning Committee in the determination of planning applications.
(2) That the implications of new development on the capacity of water supply, wastewater treatment and flood prevention infrastructure be kept under constant review in consultation with the relevant water and wastewater utilities providers, the Environment Agency and other relevant statutory agencies.
Publication date: 26/02/2014
Date of decision: 26/02/2014
Effective from: 06/03/2014
- Water Cycle Study - Executive Decision Form PDF 99 KB
- Water Cycle Study - Report PDF 123 KB
- Appendix 1 - Wirral Liverpool and Mersey Heartlands Growth Point Water Cycle Study Scoping Report PDF 2 MB
- Appendix 2 - Wirral Council Water Cycle Study Outline Study Main - Planning Report PDF 13 MB
- Appendix 3 - Wirral Council Water Cycle Study Outline Study - Technical Appendices PDF 7 MB
- Appendix 4 - Mersey Heartlands Water Cycle Study Outline Study - Main Planning Report PDF 17 MB