Neighbourhood Planning - Devonshire Park
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Business and Tourism
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report of the Strategic Director of Regeneration and Environment on the Devonshire Park Neighbourhood Planning Forum, which was designated by the Council in April 2013 as the statutory neighbourhood forum for the Area shown on the map attached to this report, advises that they have now formally submitted their proposed Neighbourhood Development Plan to the Council for publication and independent examination.
The Council must now comply with the legal process set out in Schedule 4B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990; Section 38A of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004; Part 5 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 and the Localism Act 2011. This report therefore seeks approval to:
(1) publicise the proposed draft Neighbourhood Development Plan for no less than six weeks, to bring it to the attention of people who live, work or carry on business within the Area;
(2) appoint an independent examiner, with the agreement of the Forum, through the national Neighbourhood Planning Independent Examiner Referral Service;
(3) subject to no additional substantive issues being raised in response to statutory consultation, submit the draft Plan and any comments received to independent examination by the examiner appointed; and
(4) subject to the recommendations of the examiner, arrange for a local referendum to be held, to allow the community within the Area to vote on whether the proposals should be made part of the statutory land-use Development Plan for Wirral.
The final making (or adoption) of the Neighbourhood Development Plan, following the results of the local referendum, must be approved by a resolution of Full Council.
(1) That the Devonshire Park Neighbourhood Planning Forum is notified that the submitted documents attached to this report are approved and that the Council now intends to publicise and arrange for the independent examination of the proposed Neighbourhood Development Plan.
(2) That the Strategic Director for Regeneration and Environment is authorised to take all the steps necessary to comply with Schedule 4B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended); Section 38A of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004; Part 5 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012; and the Localism Act 2011, up to but excluding the final making of the Neighbourhood Development Plan as part of the statutory land-use Development Plan for Wirral, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for the Economy.
(3) That the Strategic Director is authorised to publicise the submitted documents to bring the proposed Neighbourhood Development Plan to the attention of the people who live, work or carry on business within the designated Neighbourhood Area.
(4) That the Strategic Director is authorised to make arrangements for the independent examination of the proposals and, with the agreement of the Neighbourhood Planning Forum, to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced independent examiner to examine the proposals from the national Neighbourhood Planning Independent Examiner Referral Service.
(5) That the Strategic Director is authorised, subject to the recommendations of the examiner appointed, to submit the proposal to make the Neighbourhood Development Plan to a statutory local referendum in accordance with the relevant national regulations.
(6) That subject to a majority vote in a local referendum, the final recommendation to make the Neighbourhood Development Plan part of the statutory Development Plan for Wirral is reported and recommended for approval by Full Council at the appropriate time.
Publication date: 25/11/2014
Date of decision: 25/11/2014
Effective from: 03/12/2014
- Devonshire Park - Executive Decision Form PDF 163 KB
- Devonshire Park Neighbourhood Plan Report PDF 133 KB
- Appendix 1 Proposed Neighbourhood Plan PDF 1 MB
- Appendix 2 Map of Plan Area (2) PDF 527 KB
- Appendix 3 Consultation Statement PDF 117 KB
- Appendix 3.1 Pre-Designation Consulation February 2012 PDF 1 MB
- Appendix 3.2 Pre-Submission Consultation May 2013 PDF 786 KB
- Appendix 3.3 Pre-Submission Consultation Responses PDF 1 MB
- Appendix 3.4 Report of Forum Responses PDF 60 KB
- Appendix 4 Basic Conditions Statement PDF 115 KB
- Appendix 4.1 Unitary Development Plan Policies PDF 30 KB
- Appendix 4.2 Joint Waste Local Plan Policies PDF 16 KB
- Appendix 4.3 Core Strategy Local Plan Policies PDF 66 KB
- Appendix 4.4 Sustainbility Assessment Report PDF 148 KB
- Appendix 4.5 Habitats Regulations Report PDF 691 KB
- Appendix 4.6 Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Report PDF 71 KB
- Appendix 4.7 Background Data Tables PDF 3 MB