Revised Playing Pitch Strategy for Wirral
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report of the Strategic Commissioner – Environment gave details of a revised Playing Pitch Strategy prepared in accordance with national planning policy to provide background evidence on the use and demand for playing pitches; to guide decision-making; promote investment to improve their quality and quantity; and inform protection through the land-use planning system.
(1) That the findings of the Assessment Report and Strategy and Action Plan attached to the report, be approved; and
(2) That Council be recommended to adopt the Assessment Report and the accompanying Strategy and Action Plan as a material consideration in the determination of planning applications and in other decisions under the Town and Country Planning Acts; and
(3) That officers be requested to publish the Assessment Report and the accompanying Strategy and Action Plan on the Council’s website, to further inform the Council’s review of options for the Core Strategy Local Plan.
Publication date: 27/10/2017
Date of decision: 27/10/2017
Effective from: 04/11/2017
- Executive Member Decision Form - Revised Playing Pitch Strategy for Wirral PDF 693 KB
- Revised Playing Pitch Strategy Report PDF 124 KB
- Appendix 1 - Map of Analysis Areas & Summary of Area Based Findings PDF 277 KB
- Appendix 2 - Assessment Report PDF 6 MB
- Appendix 3 - Strategy and Action Plan PDF 1 MB