Capital Monitoring Quarter 1 2020/21
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) the Cabinet recommends to the Council the approval of additional funding for the schemes referred to in paragraph 3.3. of the report and as follows:
· Integrated Transport Block Funding - £1,150,000 of allocated to Wirral Council by Liverpool City Region Combined Authority to support the delivery of the Combined Authority Transport Plan Programme in 2020/21. The programme is a package of schemes designed to support increased numbers of journeys to be undertaken by sustainable active modes reducing resident’s reliance on the private car and reducing carbon emissions.
· Highways Maintenance Funding - £2,149,000 of allocated to Wirral Council by the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority to support maintenance of the network in 2020/21. The programme of investment in our highway assets will support improvements to roads/footways/bridges and lighting.
· Disabled Facility Grant - £4.163,000 allocated to Wirral Council by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government to provide grants for people with a permanent disability of any sort – including physical and learning disabilities, sensory impairments and mental illness. The grants are to help towards making changes or adaptations to a home to allow the person to continue living there.
(2) the Cabinet recommends to the Council the approval of the revised Capital Programme of £131.7 million for 2020-21.
Publication date: 28/07/2020
Date of decision: 27/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 27/07/2020 - Cabinet