Capital Monitoring Quarter 2 2020/21
Decision Maker: Policy and Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommmend Forward to Council
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
This report outlines progress against the
capital programme and recommends a number of changes and additions
to the programme
Shaer Halewood, Director of Resources, provided an update on the progress of the Capital Programme 2020/21 at the end of September 2020. The report recommended that the Committee agree the revised 2020/21 Capital Programme of £95.1 million which took account of re-profiling, virements, additional funding requirements and grant variations identified since the Capital Programme was formally agreed on 2 March 2020.
Shaer Halewood responded to a number of comments in respect of some of the schemes to receive additional funding and David Armstrong, Assistant Chief Executive, clarified the position with regard to the reasons for additional expenditure from virements required for the West Kirby Sailing School.
On a motion by the Chair, seconded by Councillor Jeff Green, it was -
A. RECOMMENDED –
(1) to Council the approval of additional funding for the schemes detailed in paragraph 3.5 of the report as follows:
· Children’s System Rationalisation - £0.826m (over a three year period)
· Tree Strategy Delivery - £0.208m (over a four year period)
· Allotments Sites Expansion - £0.127m
· Birkenhead Temporary Market Pre-Development Costs - £50,000
· Concerto Development Asset Management System - £42,000 (over a two year period)
· Capitalisation of Salaries - £0.5m
(2) to Council the approval of the revised Capital Programme of £95.1 million for 2020-21, including the virements referred to in paragraph 3.7 of the report.
B. Resolved – That this Committee agrees that the outcome of the on-going review and reprofiling of the Capital Programme is reported to members in the next quarterly capital monitoring report.
Report author: Peter Molyneux
Publication date: 19/11/2020
Date of decision: 11/11/2020
Decided at meeting: 11/11/2020 - Policy and Resources Committee