Contain Outbreak Management Fund Update
Decision Maker: Policy and Resources Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Julie Webster, Director of Public Health, introduced a report which provided an update in relation to the Contain Outbreak Management Fund, specifically:
· An overview of this temporary fund and Wirral’s awarded allocation up to 2021/22.
· The current position in relation to use of the fund to date, and the remainder to be allocated.
· An outline summary of emerging priorities and plans, supporting the ongoing COVID-19 response and population health recovery over the next twelve months.
· Recommendations relating to the development of future spending proposals for this fund, linked to other existing COVID-19 funding and the wider recovery and renewal priorities for Wirral.
Responding to Members’ comments, she acknowledged the difficulties faced by some when asked to self-isolate and that work was ongoing, with the help of Community Connectors to support individuals who were finding it difficult. With regard to contact tracing she expressed full support for it being carried out locally and reassured the Committee that no care home residents were being discharged from hospitals without first having a negative COVID test.
Members expressed their thanks to the Director of Public Health and all her team for the amazing work which had they had undertaken over the past 15 months.
On a motion by the Chair, seconded by Councillor Yvonne Nolan, it was -
Resolved – That,
(1) this Committee notes the contents of the report, the progress made to date and supports the ongoing COVID-19 response;
(2) a Member Working Group be established to consist of eight Members (3:2:1:1:1) to give oversight to future spending proposals for this fund, linked to other existing COVID-19 funding and the wider recovery and renewal priorities for Wirral.
Publication date: 17/06/2021
Date of decision: 09/06/2021
Decided at meeting: 09/06/2021 - Policy and Resources Committee