Weed Control Options Appraisal
Decision Maker: Environment, Climate Emergency and Transport Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Options appraisal exercise carried out for
future weed control operations.
That the Committee does not support the option presented in the report to procure a weed control contract for a term of up to 4 years and wishes to have more information before deciding on a long term option for weed control.
Committee would like further information on a fully integrated in-house service, covering all aspects of edge of highways and street maintenance including but not necessarily limited to grass cutting and weed control.
Committee therefore requests that the Director of Neighbourhoods reports back to the Committee as soon as possible with the above information. In the meantime the Committee agrees to the commencement of a tender process for the procurement of a weed control services contract for a period of one year with an option to extend for 1 year.
The Committee also agrees to give delegated authority to the Director of Neighbourhoods to award the one year contract with an option to extension for 1 year within approved budget and in accordance with the Most Economically Advantageous Tender (MEAT) criteria.
Report author: Mike Cockburn
Publication date: 07/09/2021
Date of decision: 07/09/2021
Decided at meeting: 07/09/2021 - Environment, Climate Emergency and Transport Committee
Effective from: 15/09/2021
- Weed Control Options Appraisal Report August 2021 PDF 101 KB
- Appendix 1 - Weed Control Options Business Case June 2021 (003) PDF 161 KB
- Appendix 2 - Nomix Dual Glyphosate usage breakdown (002) PDF 177 KB
- SOC Appendix 1 - Financial breakdown for full In-house provision using Glyphosate (002) PDF 90 KB
- SOC Appendix 2 - Financial breakdown for full In-house provision using Nomix Dual (002) PDF 65 KB
- SOC Appendix 3 - APSE network query responses (002) PDF 87 KB
- SOC Appendix 4 - Stakeholder Analysis (002) PDF 54 KB