WORKING WIRRAL - WORKING NEIGHBOURHOODS FUND
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To report progress on the development of the
securing and commissioning of the funds.
The Deputy Chief Executive/Director of Corporate Services provided an update on the progress of the Working Wirral programme.
Resolved - That
(1) Cabinet, as accountable body, agrees the recommendations of the WEDS Partnership and approves Working Wirral expenditure for:
Arch Initiatives – Mentoring into employment project to a maximum of £179,896 for the period 2009 to 2011;
Wirral PCT – Working 4 Health project to a maximum of £561,592 for the period 2009 to 2011;
Wirral Change – BRM Employment outreach project to a maximum of £540,883 for the period 2009 to 2011.
(2) the Government’s consultation that is taking place with regard to confirmation of the allocation of Working Neighbourhoods Funds (WNF) for 2009/10 and 2010/11 be noted;
(3) the allocation of a maximum of £100,000 each year for 2009/10 and 2010/11 for marketing activity as recommended by the Investment Strategy Board be approved;
(4) WW resources be allocated to activities to support business investment and business growth outcomes to a maximum of £390,000 each year for 2009/10 and 2010/11; and
(5) the use of Working Wirral funds to a maximum of £441,324 to enable ERDF resources to be drawn down to deliver activity to increase employer engagement be agreed.
Publication date: 18/12/2008
Date of decision: 10/12/2008
Decided at meeting: 10/12/2008 - Cabinet
Effective from: 30/12/2008