PROVISION OF GARDEN WASTE COMPOSTING FACTILITIES SERVICES PROCUREMENT EXERCISE - AWARD OF CONTRACT
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Awaiting Implementation
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report will require a decision to be made
on the preferred bidder for the garden waste treatment contractor.
It will detail the evaluation of the return of tenders for the
garden waste procurement exercise and make recommendations as to
the best options.
Cabinet was recommended to award the new Garden Waste Composting Facilities Services contract commencing 1st April 2009 to the preferred provider suggested in the report.
The recommendation of the preferred provider was based on the results of the tender evaluation exercise and confirmation that the business case for the procurement project, with particular focus on value-for-money and the achievement of efficiency savings, would be delivered. This was a Key Decision identified in the Council’s Forward Plan.
Tha Cabinet Member for the Environment thanked Officers for their work on this matter.
Resolved – That
(1) the new Garden Waste Composting Facilities Services 2009-14 contract be awarded to the preferred provider, subject to statutory Standstill Period procedures;
(2) an allocation of £30,000 pa be approved to fund a quality control resource as described in paragraph 4.2.3;
(3) a £50,000 budgetary reduction towards the Director of Technical Services 2009/10 savings target be approved; and
(4) a further report be brought to a future meeting reviewing the overall position for waste and environmental services budgets as described in paragraph 4.3.4. of the report.
Publication date: 20/01/2009
Date of decision: 15/01/2009
Decided at meeting: 15/01/2009 - Cabinet
Effective from: 29/01/2009
- Restricted enclosure View reasons restricted