Appointment of Keepmoat Homes as the Council’s Preferred Private Developer Partner for Birkenhead
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Councillor George Davies left the meeting whilst this report was considered.
A report by the Interim Director of Corporate Services sought the approval of the Cabinet to formally appoint Keepmoat Limited (Keepmoat Homes) as the Council’s preferred private developer partner for delivering new homes in line with existing market renewal plans for Birkenhead.
The report was considered in the absence of the press and public because of its commercially sensitive content relating to the organisation referred to in the report.
(1) agreement be given to enter into a Development Agreement with Keepmoat Homes to redevelop areas of Birkenhead where housing renewal projects are creating land for new-build housing;
(2) authority be delegated to the Director of Law, HR & Asset Management to sign Development Agreement;
(3) agreement be given to the inclusion of sites in Birkenhead in the Development Agreement and that they be made available to Keepmoat Homes should they be released for new-build housing in the future;
(4) the advice of the Council’s advisers Hill Dickinson and Tweeds who have assisted officers in negotiating terms with Keepmoat Homes be noted; and
(5) Keepmoat Homes’ preference to work with Wirral Partnership Homes as a key Registered Social Landlord engaged in the development programme in order to open up the potential for wider collaborative working between the Council, Keepmoat Homes and Wirral Partnership Homes be noted and endorsed.
Publication date: 06/06/2011
Date of decision: 02/06/2011
Decided at meeting: 02/06/2011 - Cabinet
Effective from: 14/06/2011