Local Development Framework - Statement of Community Involvement
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Business and Tourism
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report of the Strategic Director: Regeneration and Environment advises that a Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) is required to set out the Council’s policy for the involvement of the community in land-use planning decisions. The Council’s current SCI needs to be revised to take account of a series of changes to national legislation and regulations since it was last adopted December 2006. The report attaches a draft revised SCI and recommends that it is approved for public consultation. The comments received will be reported to the Cabinet before a final revised SCI is recommended for adoption by a resolution of Council.
(1) That the draft revised Statement of Community Involvement attached to the report of the Strategic Director: Regeneration and Environment be approved for public consultation in line with the details set out in Section 5.0 of the report.
(2) That the report be referred to the Planning Committee for information before public consultation on the draft revised Statement of Community Involvement takes place.
(3) That the results of public consultation be reported back to the Cabinet and to the Planning Committee before a final revised Statement of Community Involvement is recommended for adoption by Council resolution.
Publication date: 18/06/2013
Date of decision: 18/06/2013
Effective from: 26/06/2013
- LDF for Wirral - Statement of Community Involvement in Planning Decisions - Decision Form PDF 98 KB
- LDF for Wirral - Statement of Community Involvement in Planning Decisions - Report PDF 96 KB
- LDF for Wirral - Statement of Community Involvement in Planning Decisions - Appendix 1 PDF 279 KB
- LDF for Wirral - Statement of Community Involvement in Planning Decisions - EIA PDF 294 KB