Local Development Framework - Report of Consultation on the Proposed Submission Draft Core Strategy
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member - Business and Tourism
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report of the Strategic Director: Regeneration and Environment advises that the Proposed Submission Draft of the Council’s Core Strategy Local Plan, which was approved by Council on 15 October 2012 (Minute 60 refers), was published for statutory public consultation in December 2012. A summary of the comments received and the recommended responses are set out in the Council’s on-line Document Library. Some of the recommended responses propose modifications to the Core Strategy. Other responses, for example, with regard to housing, gypsies and travellers and viability will require further work to be completed before they can be confirmed.
The report makes a number of recommendations to ensure compliance with the legal and procedural requirements necessary to complete the preparation and adoption of an up to date Core Strategy Local Plan for Wirral.
(1) That the responses recommended, set out in the Council’s on-line Document Library, be approved.
(2) That the modifications recommended to the Proposed Submission Draft Core Strategy be approved for negotiation with key stakeholders and the partners with which the Council has a statutory duty to co-operate.
(3) That progress on up-to-date evidence to support responses to issues related to housing, Green Belt, gypsies and travellers and development viability be noted.
(4) That supplementary planning documents for the design and layout of housing, employment, town centre uses and telecommunications development be prepared, to support the future implementation of the Core Strategy.
(5) That any further modifications that may be necessary to address issues related to housing, Green Belt, gypsies and travellers, development viability, retail floorspace thresholds, the views of key stakeholders and the duty to co-operate with partners, be reported back to the Cabinet before the Council is recommended to approve the final text of the Core Strategy for submission to the Secretary of State for public examination.
Publication date: 20/06/2013
Date of decision: 20/06/2013
Effective from: 28/06/2013