Dock Bridges Replacement Major Scheme
Decision Maker: Leader of the Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report of the Strategic Director of Regeneration and Environment provides an update on the progress of a project to replace two highway bridges in the Wirral Docks. The Leader is requested to: formally accept a Local Highway Maintenance Challenge Fund grant from the Department for Transport (DfT); endorse the options appraisal report (OAR) recommendation for the preferred major scheme option; note the Council Capital Programme funding allocation and approve the formal withdrawal of the scheme from the City Region Growth Deal programme.
Resolved – That,
(1) the content of the report be noted.
(2) the DfT Local Highway Maintenance Challenge Fund grant of £6,408,000 be formally accepted;
(3) the Wirral Docks Bridges Replacement major scheme be formally withdrawn from the LCR Growth Deal programme;
(4) the preferred scheme option to replace both ‘A’ and ‘C’ bridges as set out in the OAR and section 3.0 of the report, be endorsed;
(5) it be noted that the Council Capital Programme funding agreed by Budget Council on 10 February 2015 for the Docks Bridges Replacement and that up to £280,000 of Council capital will be utilised in developing the scheme in 2015/16;
(6) it be noted that Peel Ports has agreed in principle to the replacement of the ‘A’ Bridge and that the terms of any future maintenance and operating agreement between Peel Ports and the Council have not yet been agreed;
(7) it be noted that the question of state-aid has been evaluated, and that the delivery of the project is dependent on the outcomes of the advice sought from government departments.
Publication date: 13/10/2015
Date of decision: 13/10/2015
Effective from: 21/10/2015