Sale of Land Adjoining Gibson House, Off Seabank Road, Wallasey
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The purpose of the report of the Assistant Chief Executive is to seek approval to the disposal of the Council’s freehold interest in land located off Egremont Promenade and Maddock Road, Wallasey, which will generate both capital and revenue, and facilitate the retention and refurbishment of a landmark building known as Gibson House.
In addition, approval is sought for the land in Council ownership to be appropriated for planning purposes under section 122 of the Local Government Act 1972.
(1) That the transfer of the Council’s interest in the site be approved on the terms reported.
(2) That the land in Council ownership to be appropriated for planning purposes pursuant to Section 122 of the Local Government Act 1972 and disposed of, provided no objections are made. If the Council decides to appropriate the land for planning purposes it will dispose of the land in accordance with the provisions of section 233 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
(3) That the proposed disposal of the land in Council ownership be advertised for two consecutive weeks in a local newspaper pursuant to section 123 of the Local Government Act 1972 as amended by section 118 schedule 23 Part V Paragraph 14 of the Local Government Planning and Land Act 1980.
(4) That any objections to the appropriation and / or disposal shall be considered by the Head of Universal and Infrastructure Services in consultation with the Portfolio Holder who shall then have authority to determine the appropriation and disposal.
(5) That it be noted that, as part of the Council’s five year plan, the proposal in this report supports the pledges to ensure the Council makes better use of its assets, provides good quality housing that meets the needs of residents, and enables older people to live well.
Publication date: 10/06/2016
Date of decision: 10/06/2016