Local Development Framework – Core Strategy Development Plan Document - Public Consultation on Issues and Objectives
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Cabinet approval for the publication of a Spatial Options Report for public consultation, to establish the direction of future planning policies for the Borough.
The Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Corporate Services presented a report which set out the background to progress on the emerging Local Development Framework for Wirral which would replace the Council’s Unitary Development Plan as the Council’s local strategy for the location and control of new investment and development.
The report sought approval to undertake public consultation on a draft Issues and Objectives Document as part of the preparation of a Core Strategy for Wirral, which would be the lead document of the Borough’s Local Development Framework.
The Cabinet Member for the Environment welcomed the energy capacity study referred to within the report and requested that a presentation on Peel Holdings renewable energy proposals be arranged.
(1) the proposals for the future preparation of a Core Strategy Development Plan Document set out in this report be approved;
(2) the revised proposals for the preparation of the Core Strategy be included within a review of the Local Development Scheme;
(3) the Issues and Objectives Document attached to the report be submitted for consideration to the Sustainability Appraisal Panel;
(4) the Issues and Objectives Document attached to the report be made subject to an Equality Impact Assessment;
(5) the Director of Corporate Services be given delegated authority to make any changes necessary to the Issues and Objectives Document to reflect the findings of the Sustainability Appraisal Panel and the Equality Impact Assessment before publishing the Document for public consultation;
(6) Area Forums be offered the opportunity for a presentation on the Local Development Framework and the emerging Core Strategy; and
(7) the principle of preparing a renewable energy capacity study be approved, subject to the possibility of joint working with other neighbouring Local Authorities being explored and a further report on costs being brought back for Cabinet approval.
Publication date: 28/11/2008
Date of decision: 27/11/2008
Decided at meeting: 27/11/2008 - Cabinet
Effective from: 06/12/2008