Wirral Evolutions Value for Money Report
Decision Maker: Adult Social Care and Public Health Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
(1) the Director of Care and Health be authorised to extend the contract to provide services to support adults with a learning disability currently held by Wirral Evolutions Limited for a limited period not exceeding six months from the 1 April 2022 so as to enable the effective implementation of transition of services currently supplied by the company to the Council.
(2) the transition of services which are currently delivered by Wirral Evolutions Limited to an in-house model of delivery by the Council be approved starting as soon as reasonably practicable with the intention that those services will be fully transferred back into the Council within six months of the 1 April 2022.
(3) the Director of Care and Health be authorised to terminate or allow to expire the contract to provide services to support adults with a learning disability currently held by Wirral Evolutions Limited as soon as practicable after the complete and effective transfer of services currently supplied by the company to the Council.
(4) a Consultative Board be established with stakeholder and staff membership tasked with oversight of the provision of personalised day services and opportunities for adults with a wide range of learning and physical disabilities, enabling people who access the service and their representatives to have a greater input into the delivery of the service.
(5) the Director of Care and Health be authorised to make all necessary arrangements to insource the services carried out by Wirral Evolutions Limited.
(6) it be recommended to the Shareholder Board that the Director of Law and Governance be authorised to progress the necessary steps to transfer Wirral Evolutions Limited’s undertaking to the Council, including the cancellation of the current contract with Wirral Evolutions Limited and to consider all appropriate options for the future deployment or disposal of Wirral Evolutions Limited.
(7) the Director of Care and Health provide a further report to a future Adult Social Care and Public Health Committee to update on the service transition arrangements
Report author: Nicola Peel
Publication date: 03/03/2022
Date of decision: 03/03/2022
Decided at meeting: 03/03/2022 - Adult Social Care and Public Health Committee
Effective from: 10/03/2022