Issue - meetings
Academy - Consultation on Closure of Predecessor Schools
Meeting: 15/04/2010 - Cabinet (Item 381)
- Birkenhead Academy Appendix 1, item 381 PDF 64 KB
- Birkenhead Academy Appendix 2, item 381 PDF 70 KB
- Birkenhead Academy Appendix 3, item 381 PDF 9 KB
- Birkenhead Academy Appendix 4, item 381 PDF 236 KB
- Birkenhead Academy Appendix 4A, item 381 PDF 54 KB
- Birkenhead Academy Appendix 5, item 381 PDF 92 KB
A report by the Director of Children’s Services advised the Cabinet of the provisional outcomes of the consultation process which had taken place with regard to the closure of the predecessor schools; Park High and Rock Ferry, as agreed at the Cabinet meeting held on 14 January 2010 as part of the Phase 1 Secondary Review. The report described the responses, including additional suggestions put forward during the consultation process, and made recommendations with regard to statutory proposals in this area. It did not cover separate consultations by the lead sponsor, the University of Chester, regarding the opening of an academy. These consultations were due to end on 30 April 2010.
(1) the Director of Children’s Services be requested to bring a report to the Cabinet meeting scheduled for 27 May 2010, setting out the views of the lead sponsor following the end of the consultation period, and
(2) consideration of the current report be deferred until that time.
Councillor George Davies returned to the meeting.