Issue - meetings
Our Lady of Lourdes, proposal Joint Faith School
Meeting: 27/05/2010 - Cabinet (Item 10)
- Appendix A, item 10 PDF 73 KB
- Appendix B, item 10 PDF 101 KB
- Appendix C, item 10 PDF 85 KB
- Appendix D, item 10 PDF 107 KB
The Cabinet at its meeting of 19 March 2009, decided that, following consultation with governing bodies, staff, parents and other stakeholders, statutory notices should be published regarding the closure of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School, linked to the establishment of a joint Church Aided school on the same site, subject to the approval of the Secretary of State to waive a statutory competition. Notices were published on 24 February 2010. A report by the Director of Children’s Services described the outcome of the subsequent representation period and recommended that the proposals be approved and implemented.
(1) the closure of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Aided Primary School from 31 August 2010 be agreed;
(2) the establishment of a new Joint Church Voluntary Aided school at the Our Lady of Lourdes site from 1 September 2010, be agreed; and
(3) the Director of Children’s Services be authorised to take all necessary steps to ensure the prescribed procedures are followed in furtherance of the proposals.