Issue - meetings
Williamson Art Gallery and Museum - Refurbishment Scheme
Meeting: 22/07/2010 - Cabinet (Item 83)
The Director of Technical Services submitted a report detailing proposals and the estimated costs of a scheme to undertake improvements and necessary repairs to the facilities at the Williamson Art Gallery and Museum. Cabinet was asked to consider and approve the proposal within the budget agreed by Cabinet on 9 December 2009 within the Capital Programme for 2010-2013 (minute 225 refers), as qualified by Cabinet on 14 January 2010 (minute 279 refers).
(1) the Scheme and Estimate, as presented, be accepted;
(2) the Director of Technical Services be authorised to obtain all necessary statutory approvals for the project;
(3) the Director of Technical Services be authorised to seek tenders for the project, and report such tenders to a future meeting of Cabinet with a recommendation for acceptance of the most economically beneficial tender received;
(4) the Director of Technical Services use his delegated powers to accept the lowest bone-fide tender for the roof works and report his acceptance of the tender to Cabinet in due course in accordance with the Council’s Procurement Policy; and
(5) the Director of Technical Services bring forward a report to a future Cabinet on the future operation of the Williamson Art Gallery and Museum, its management, use of the enhanced facilities, and engagement with public and user groups.