Issue - meetings
Local Development Framework -Joint Merseyside Waste Development Plan Document
Meeting: 22/09/2011 - Cabinet (Item 125)
- Waste DPD Appendix 1 CoreBriefingReport, item 125 PDF 92 KB
- Waste DPD Appendix 2 DraftPublicationWasteDPDAug11, item 125 PDF 6 MB
- Waste DPD Appendix 3 DraftSupportingDocumentsListAug11, item 125 PDF 10 KB
- Waste DPD Appendix 4 PO2ResultsofConsultationAug11, item 125 PDF 496 KB
The Interim Director of Corporate Services reported that Wirral Council had formally agreed with the councils for Knowsley, Liverpool, Sefton and St Helens (Council, 11 July 2005, minute 20 refers) and Halton (Council, 30 October 2006, minute 50 refers) to prepare a single joint Waste Development Plan Document to cover the whole of Merseyside and Halton.
Four stages of public consultation had already taken place over previous years. Approval was now being sought from each of the six partner authorities to enable the draft Waste DPD, submitted as an appendix to the report, to be published for six weeks and submitted to the Secretary of State for public examination. The report also recommended that provision was made to delegate decisions to the Interim Director of Corporate Services and the Portfolio Holder for Regeneration and Planning Strategy to make typographical changes and to enable the Council to respond quickly to any comments raised following the publication of the draft Waste DPD and during the following public examination.
It was noted that approval of the publication and submission of the Waste DPD would require a decision of the Council.
(1) That Cabinet notes the findings of the Preferred Options 2 Consultation on New Sites Results of Consultation Report, as attached to the report.
(2) That Cabinet recommend to Council that the spatial distribution of one sub-regional site per district be approved.
(3) That Cabinet recommend to Council that the draft Joint Waste Development Plan Document for Merseyside and Halton, as attached to the report, is published for final representations on the soundness of the plan and is submitted to the Secretary of State for public examination.
(4) That Cabinet recommend to Council that delegated authority be given to the Interim Director of Corporate Services to make any necessary minor changes to the Waste DPD and in addition in consultation with the Portfolio Holder for Regeneration and Planning Strategy to approve any changes necessary to secure the soundness of the plan, before and during the public examination of the Waste DPD.