Issue - meetings
Bidston Avenue Primary School
Meeting: 28/05/2009 - Cabinet (Item 17)
- Bidston Avenue Scheme and Estimate Appendix A, item 17 PDF 745 KB
- Bidston Avenue Scheme and Estimate Appendix B, item 17 PDF 508 KB
(Councillors Foulkes and George Davies, having declared prejudicial interests in this item (see minute 8) left the room during its consideration.)
The Director of Children’s Services presented a report detailing work required to modify and undertake significant improvements to Bidston Avenue Primary Schools’ main entrance, administration areas and Foundation classes. The scheme would create a single controlled access into the school and would join two buildings which were currently separate, thereby enhancing security. The improvements to the administrative and staffing areas would centralise these spaces and the scheme would also re-configure teaching spaces used for Foundation classes. Cabinet was requested to consider and approve the proposal.
(1) That the Scheme and Estimate, as presented, be accepted.
(2) That the Director of Technical Services be authorised to procure the scheme as a single stage selective competitive tender.
(3) That the Director of Technical Services be authorised to obtain all necessary statutory approvals for the scheme.
COUNCILLOR FOULKES RESUMES THE CHAIR