Issue - meetings
Working Neighbourhoods Fund (WNF), Deprived Area Fund (DAF) and European Social Fund (ESF) Complementary Strand.
Meeting: 10/12/2008 - Cabinet (Item 305)
The Deputy Chief Executive/Director of Corporate Services provided an update on the progress of the Working Wirral programme.
Resolved - That
(1) Cabinet, as accountable body, agrees the recommendations of the WEDS Partnership and approves Working Wirral expenditure for:
Arch Initiatives – Mentoring into employment project to a maximum of £179,896 for the period 2009 to 2011;
Wirral PCT – Working 4 Health project to a maximum of £561,592 for the period 2009 to 2011;
Wirral Change – BRM Employment outreach project to a maximum of £540,883 for the period 2009 to 2011.
(2) the Government’s consultation that is taking place with regard to confirmation of the allocation of Working Neighbourhoods Funds (WNF) for 2009/10 and 2010/11 be noted;
(3) the allocation of a maximum of £100,000 each year for 2009/10 and 2010/11 for marketing activity as recommended by the Investment Strategy Board be approved;
(4) WW resources be allocated to activities to support business investment and business growth outcomes to a maximum of £390,000 each year for 2009/10 and 2010/11; and
(5) the use of Working Wirral funds to a maximum of £441,324 to enable ERDF resources to be drawn down to deliver activity to increase employer engagement be agreed.
Meeting: 16/10/2008 - Cabinet (Item 235)
The Cabinet were provided with a progress update on the first round of Working Wirral commissioning since Cabinet considered a report on this issue on the 9th July 2008.
Resolved – That
(1) Cabinet as accountable body agrees the recommendations of the WEDS Partnership and approves Working Wirral expenditure for:
· The Nextstep Plus project to a maximum of £385,822 for the period 2008 to 2011;
· The Reach Out / Reach Out Plus project to a maximum of £1,685,079 for the period 2009 to 2011.
(2) the action taken by the WEDS Partnership and by officers in the allocation of these funds be noted.