Issue - meetings
Surplus Assets, Department of Adult Social Services Former Care Homes, Mapleholme, Beckwith Street, Birkenhead, Poulton House, Winterhey Road, Wallasey and 96 Manor Road, Wallasey
Meeting: 21/07/2011 - Cabinet (Item 68)
- Surplus Assets - Former Care Homes - Plan 1 Mapleholme, item 68 PDF 131 KB
- Surplus Assets - Former Care Homes - Plan 2 Poulton House, item 68 PDF 152 KB
- Surplus Assets - Former Care Homes - Plan 3 Manor Road 96, item 68 PDF 149 KB
A report by the Director of Law, HR and Asset Management sought authority to declare surplus to requirements, three former care homes, Mapleholme, Beckwith Street, Birkenhead, Poulton House, Winterhey Avenue, Wallasey and 96 Manor Road, Wallasey and to agree Auction reserves.
The proposal was in support of the Council’s goal to reduce the running costs of the Council by improving the efficiency and value for money of the Council’s Services.
The savings in respect of the running costs of these buildings had been previously declared and the sale was not a Statutory duty.
The report contained exempt information under paragraph 3 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972. The exempt Appendix 1 set out the auction reserve prices, the publication of which could affect the sale price achieved, if known by potential purchasers.
(1) the above assets be declared surplus to the Council’s requirements and, if not required by partner organisations, be sold by auction, subject to the reserve prices set out in the exempt appendix to the report; and
(2) the disposal of the three former Care Homes be delegated to the Director of Law, HR and Asset Management in consultation with the Cabinet Portfolio Holder for Corporate Resources.