Issue - meetings
Meeting: 22/09/2011 - Cabinet (Item 122)
- Appendix 1, item 122 PDF 90 KB
- Appendix 2, item 122 PDF 59 KB
- Appendix 3, item 122 PDF 55 KB
- Appendix 4, item 122 PDF 136 KB
- Appendix 5, item 122 PDF 137 KB
- Appendix 6, item 122 PDF 65 KB
The Chief Executive submitted a report which gave details of a proposed performance appraisal and development framework. This would include performance appraisal and development for the Chief Executive.
Resolved - That Cabinet agrees:
(i) The proposed Performance Improvement Framework for the organisation.
(ii) The proposed Leadership and Management Expectations Framework for all Chief Officers, Heads of Service, Senior Managers.
(iii)The proposed Wirral Values and Behaviours for the Council.
(iv)The proposed performance appraisal and development framework and supporting documentation, for all Chief Officers, Heads of Service and Senior Managers.
(v) The proposed roll out and training plan.
(2) An evaluation report following the roll out of the performance appraisal and development process to Chief Officers, Heads of Service and Senior Managers will be provided to the Cabinet. This will inform the roll out of the performance appraisal and development process to the rest of the organisation, and
(3) The Performance Management report be referred to the Employment and Appointments Committee for consideration and approval.
(4) Cabinet recognises the crucial importance of Performance Management in delivering good Corporate Governance.
(5) In the light of the recent receipt of the independent report on Corporate Governance, Cabinet believes this report should first be referred to the newly set up Cabinet Committee in order to ensure that it meets all the necessary requirements to help the Council tackle the major problems ahead.