Issue - meetings
Meeting: 05/02/2009 - Cabinet (Item 360)
The Director of Finance updated Cabinet on the arrangements to administer the Community Fund with Wirral Partnership Homes. His report detailed the previously agreed use and requested Cabinet to agree to the future use of the Fund.
The Deputy Leader of the Council moved an amendment, duly seconded, and it was -
Resolved: - That
(1) the administration of the Community Fund and allocation of resources continue, as previously reported, through the Joint Working Group;
(2) the use of £75,000 per annum from 2009-10 to fund the Corporate Services Forward Planning Team be submitted to the Joint Working Group for funding;
(3) the use of £120,000 per annum from 2009-10 to fund additional legal capacity be submitted to the Joint Working Group for funding; and
(4) Cabinet asks officers to explore the possible use of the Community Fund, to assist in the transfer of relevant buildings to communities, should the Strategic Asset Review be agreed at Council on February 9th; and
(5) a provision of £550,000 be established to meet the ongoing cost for community centres prior to transfer to community management.