Issue - meetings
Gayton Primary School
Meeting: 26/11/2009 - Cabinet (Item 196)
A report by the Director of Children’s Services set out proposals to remodel the school’s main entrance and reception area, office accommodation, staff facilities and resource area/teaching space for Extended Services at Gayton Primary School. The scheme would also enhance security at the school. The estimated costs of the scheme were set out and Cabinet was asked to consider and approve the proposal and to agree future years’ Capital funding for the project.
The scheme had been identified in the Departmental Capital Programme for 2009/10, which was reported to the Cabinet on 28 May 2009 and this report was identified as item 80 on the Forward Plan of Key Decisions, for the period September – December 2009.
RESOLVED - That
(1) the Scheme and Estimate, as presented in the report, be accepted;
(2) the Director of Technical Services be authorised to obtain all necessary statutory approvals for the project;
(3) the Director of Technical Services be authorised to seek tenders for the project;
(4) the Director of Children’s Services be requested to use his delegated powers to accept the lowest bone-fide tender and report his acceptance of the tender to the Cabinet in due course and in accordance with the Council’s Procurement Policy; and
(5) allocations from DCSF Modernisation allocations 2010/11 be made available for this scheme, ahead of Cabinet approval of the main Capital Programme for 2010/11.