Issue - meetings
Annual Audit Letter 2011/2012
Meeting: 29/11/2012 - Cabinet (Item 134)
A report by the Interim Director of Finance informed that the Annual Audit Letter was issued by the District Auditor and sent to all Members of the Council and presented to the Cabinet and to the Audit and Risk Management Committee for consideration. It was primarily for information with Members being asked to note the comments and the actions taken, and being taken.
The Cabinet considered the Annual Audit Letter in detail noting that it covered the key areas of:
· Financial statements and value for money conclusion.
· Gifts and hospitality and conflicts of interest.
· Report in the Public Interest (Highways and Engineering Services).
· Claims and Returns.
It was noted that Michael Thomas, the District Auditor had discussed and agreed his letter with the Chief Executive and the Interim Director of Finance. Whilst 2011/12 had been another challenging year for the Council, Mr Thomas thanked Members and Council Officers for the positive and helpful approach they had taken to his audit. He also thanked the Senior Management and the Audit and Risk Management Committee for their support and co-operation during the audit.
(1) the contents of the Annual Audit Letter 2011/12 including the actions taken, and being taken, to address the issues raised be noted; and
(2) the District Auditor be thanked for his work this year, and in previous years.