Issue - meetings
Updated Transportation Capital Programme 2013/14
Meeting: 10/10/2013 - Cabinet (Item 75)
The Cabinet Member for Highways and Transportation introduced a report by the Strategic Director of Regeneration and Environment which sought the Cabinet’s approval for proposed revisions to elements of the approved Local Transport Capital Programme - Integrated Transport Block 2013/14, to enable funding to be allocated to the Dock Bridges Replacement Major Scheme Business Case.
The report also gave details of recent successful funding bids to SUSTRANS and ‘Living Streets’ and requested Cabinet approval to accept this additional funding and commit it to the identified projects.
The Regeneration and Environment Capital Programme would be amended to include the following schemes and funding:
· £150,000 - Dock Bridges Business Case funded by £55,000 of monies originally allocated to the Neighbourhood Forum and £95,000 from monies allocated to Transportation schemes.
· £125,000 - Improvements to aid cyclists at the Bolton Road Roundabout on the A41 funded by SUSTRANS GRANT
· £30,000 - Safer Routes to Schools funded by LIVING STREETS grant
The remaining £55,000 of Neighbourhood Forum funding in 2013-14 would be slipped into the 2014-15 capital programme. £55,000 of Transportation funding in 2014-15 would then also be allocated to Neighbourhood Forum funding to reimburse the monies used in 2013-14.
(1) the proposed re-allocation of the Local Transport Plan Capital Programme 2013/14 as detailed in the report, for the purpose of undertaking a full Transport Business Case study for the replacement of the life expired Docks Bridges structures and associated new highway improvement works, be approved; and
(2) the acceptance of the awarded SUSTRANS funding allocation of £125,000 and ‘Living Streets’ funding allocation of £30,000 for the purposes detailed in the report and for it to be committed to the projects identified within the report, be approved; and
(3) the proposal to increase the allocation to Neighbourhoods by £55,000 when setting the 2014/15 Local Transport Capital Programme next spring, be approved.