Issue - meetings
Medium Term Financial Strategy (including Treasury Management Strategy and Capital Strategy)
Meeting: 10/02/2015 - Cabinet (Item 138)
Councillor Phil Davies introduced a report by the Acting Section 151 Officer, setting out the Medium Term Financial Strategy 2015-18. This was a strategic, financial document that set out the Council’s financial approach for the planning period 2015-16 to 2017-18. It also incorporated the Treasury Management Strategy for 2015-18 in accordance with the CIPFA Code of Practice for Treasury Management in Public Services.
(A) That in respect of the Treasury Management Strategy 2015-18
(1) The Treasury Management Strategy for 2015-18 be agreed
(2) The Prudential Indicators be adopted
(3) The Council’s Minimum Revenue Provision Policy be approved; and
(4) The Council Officers listed in Appendix G be authorised to approve payments from the Council’s bank accounts for all treasury management activities; and
(5) Referred to Budget Council for approval.
(B) That in respect of the Medium Term Financial Strategy 2015-18
(1) The Medium Term Financial Strategy be agreed and referred to Budget Council for approval;and
(2) Regular updates of the Medium Term Financial Strategy be reported to Cabinet.