Issue - meetings
Highway Maintenance Funding and Structural Maintenance Programme 2015/16
Meeting: 10/02/2015 - Cabinet (Item 148)
- Rep3658 SMP 2015-16 Appendix 1 Wirral Allocation, item 148 PDF 49 KB
- SMP 2015 - 2016 APPENDIX 2v1, item 148 PDF 74 KB
Councillor Stuart Whittingham introduced a report of the Strategic Director Regeneration and Environment. It stated that the Department for Transport (DfT) had written to the Council setting out the maintenance allocation within the Local Highways Maintenance Capital Block Funding 2015/16 to 2020/21. This included funding for the Highways Maintenance Block for Wirral totalling £3.305 million, and Cabinet was requested to accept the allocation for 2015/16.
The report presented both the breakdown of that highway maintenance allocation between the Bridges, Lighting and Roads/Footway elements of the network and the proposed Highway Structural Maintenance Programme 2015/16, for approval.
The maintenance of highways was a statutory duty for the Council under the Highways Act 1980 (as amended).
(1) acceptance of the £3,305,000 Local Highways Maintenance Capital Block Funding 2015/16 be approved;
(2) the proposed allocation of Local Transport Plan Capital Programme 2015/16 Maintenance Block between Street Lighting, Bridges and Roads/Footways be approved;
(3) The Highway Structural Maintenance Programme for 2015/16 as detailed in paragraph 2.6 of the report be approved; and
(4) that the Head of Environment and Regulation, in consultation with the Cabinet Member and Party Spokespersons, be authorised to make the necessary adjustments to the priorities within the programme should the need arise due to financial, condition or other factors.